World Remembrance Day
It is 25 years ago this year since a day dedicated to remembering road traffic victims began to be observed internationally.
The objectives of WDoR 2020 are to provide a platform for road traffic victims and their families to:
- remember all people killed and seriously injured on the roads;
- acknowledge the crucial work of the emergency services;
- draw attention to the generally trivial legal response to culpable road deaths and injuries
- advocate for better support for road traffic victims and victim families;
- promote evidence-based actions to prevent and eventually stop further road traffic deaths and injuries
The World Day has a long history:
- The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims was started by RoadPeace in 1993. Since 1995, road victim organizations under the umbrella of the European Federation of Road Traffic Victims (FEVR) observed this Day together – first as European Day of Remembrance, but soon as World Day when NGOs from Africa, South America and Asia joined.
- 10 years later – on 26th October 2005 – the World Day was adopted by the UN General Assembly as “the appropriate acknowledgement for victims of road traffic crashes and their families”.
- Now the World Day is commemorated across all continents – not only by NGOs advocating for road safety and road victims, but also by governments and all related and relevant stakeholders.
The World Health Organization commemorates the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims, 15 November 2020. This video highlights the need to remember those who died; support those who survived; and take action to save lives on the world’s roads.
NovoaGlobal is creating safer communities every day with our photo enforcement programs. Find out more: [email protected] or contact us:
East Coast 407-969-9780 or West Coast 206-909-6964
- Bike Bus Lane (1)
- Community Events (1)
- Corporate (40)
- Crash Video (3)
- Exhibition (22)
- In the News (2)
- Job (1)
- Legislation (1)
- National Observations (17)
- New Contract (12)
- Railroad (3)
- Red Light (1)
- Safety Updates (30)
- School Zone Speed (1)
- Solutions (13)
- Speed Enforcement (7)
- Stop On Red Week (24)
- Stop Sign (2)
- Traffic Safety (19)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Vision Zero (1)