SCHOOL ZONE SPEED SAFE
Speed is one of the biggest determinants in whether an accident results in a serious injury or fatality, and reducing speeds to the posted speed limits in school zones will save lives. An automated school zone speed program protects children and pedestrians by reminding motorists to slow down and obey the school zone speed limits, especially while the lights are flashing and children are present.
A student hit by a vehicle traveling 20 mph, which is the typical speed limit in a school zone, has a 95% chance of living. That same student hit by a vehicle traveling more than 40 mph has an 80% chance of dying.
What is the Solution?
School Zone Speed–Safe uses automated camera technology to monitor and enforce driver’s speeds around school zones, capturing images and video evidence of vehicles who exceed posted speed limits, putting pedestrians and your school children at risk of injury.
School Zone Speed–Safe Advantages:
- Leading edge image recording and data capture technology
- High-Resolution cameras – includes video
- Non-intrusive installation, no need for road construction
- Turnkey, ready-to-use solution
- No upfront cost
- Generates funds to further improve safety
- 24/7 Customer support
- State-of-the-art back office providing violation verification, support and maintenance