Rail Safety Week 2023
NovoaGlobal Supports Rail Safety
Rail Safety Week is September 18 – 24, 2023 sponsored by Operation Lifesaver (OLi), a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to stopping track tragedies. Rail Safety Week educates and promotes safety around trains and tracks so that together we can #STOPTrackTragedies. NovoaGlobal supports Rail Safety week because we see what happens when drivers ignore the lights and gates at crossings.
NovoaGlobal’s Railroad-Safe photo enforcement solution captures images and video at gated crossings when drivers disregard the red flashing lights and gate and our solution warns drivers to change future behavior. The crashes NovoaGlobal systems capture between car and train are a preventable tragedy.
Incredibly, more than 60% of collisions occur AT CROSSINGS EQUIPPED WITH LIGHTS AND/OR GATES. Every year, 2,100 North Americans are killed or seriously injured when they engage in unsafe behavior around tracks and trains. In the U.S. alone, a person or vehicle is hit by a train every 3 hours.
- Trains and cars don’t mix.
- The train you see is closer and faster-moving than you think.
- Be aware that trains cannot stop quickly.
- Never drive around lowered gates — it’s illegal and dangerous.
- Do not get trapped on the tracks; proceed through a highway-rail grade crossing only if you are sure you can completely clear the crossing without stopping.
- If your vehicle ever stalls on the tracks, get out and get away from the tracks, even if you do not see a train. Locate the Emergency Notification System sign and call the number provided, telling them about the stalled vehicle.
- At a multiple track crossing waiting for a train to pass, watch out for a second train on the other tracks, approaching from either direction.
- When you need to cross train tracks, go to a designated crossing, look both ways, and cross the tracks quickly, without stopping. Remember it isn’t safe to stop closer than 15 feet from a rail.
- ALWAYS EXPECT A TRAIN! Freight trains do not follow set schedules.
- Bike Bus Lane (2)
- Community Events (2)
- Corporate (42)
- Crash Video (3)
- Exhibition (22)
- In the News (3)
- Job (1)
- Legislation (2)
- National Observations (33)
- New Contract (15)
- Railroad (4)
- Red Light (6)
- Safety Updates (32)
- School Zone Speed (11)
- Solutions (14)
- Speed Enforcement (20)
- Stop On Red Week (25)
- Stop Sign (2)
- Traffic Safety (23)
- Uncategorized (3)
- Vision Zero (4)